How to Report Customs Fraud

Do you have information about a company fraudulently evading tariffs and other customs laws, but you don’t know what to do next? Maybe the company you work for is misrepresenting the country of origin on imports and you are wondering what to do with that information. Or maybe you know of a competitor who is misclassifying the types of goods they are importing.

First, it is important to speak to a whistleblower attorney. The process of reporting fraud can be complex and hard to navigate on your own. A whistleblower attorney can meet with you to discuss the information you have about customs fraud and determine if you have a strong case to present to the federal government.

Whistleblower attorneys will provide guidance through the process of filing a claim and help ensure your protection from retaliation. The government protects whistleblowers with the federal False Claims Act (FCA). The FCA provides whistleblower protections from being fired, demoted, harassed, or discriminated against.

It is also important to know that whistleblowers who come forward with information about customs fraud may be eligible for a portion of the money recovered as a reward for reporting fraud.

Customs fraud can take different forms but some common schemes companies use to evade tariffs are:

  1. Misclassifying imported goods
  2. Trans-shipping or re-labeling
  3. Misrepresenting the country of origin

Anyone with information about these fraudulent practices related to customs fraud should speak to an experienced whistleblower attorney.  Please contact the whistleblower attorneys at Baron & Budd to learn how we can help.

Contact Us

With more than 30 years of experience, the attorneys on Baron & Budd’s whistleblower representation team have represented dozens of clients in government fraud cases returning over $5.4 billion to federal and state agencies, with whistleblower recovery shares as high as 49%. They are ready to help if you feel you have the evidence needed to file a whistleblower complaint.

Please call (866) 401-5971 or complete our contact form if you would like more information. For more information, see What You Need to Know About Becoming a Whistleblower.  Please understand that contacting us does not mean that you have established an attorney-client relationship with Baron & Budd, P.C.

  • Get Answers Now
    Get a free case evaluation to help determine your legal rights.
  • Receive emails from Baron & Budd?
  • Receive text messages from Baron & Budd?
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.